Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Decorations

So I've taken some pictures of just a few things I put out for my favorite of Holidays, I do hope you will enjoy them as much as I do. Most of what I am showing I made myself-


Witch Dress Forms


These "ladies" are small paper mache dress forms that I covered in paper, added wooden base and neck pieces and then made little hats for- they are very sassy.


Potion Jars and cabinet of curiosities







These my husband helped put the labels on the vintage bottles and jars- we laughed all through this process, but it was very nice to share a taste of my hobby with him.

Door Wreath
This is the wreath I made for our door (which needs to be cleaned! sheesh look at those finger prints- eew- I think that's the scariest thing I have up for Halloween!



Paper Mache Pumpkins



These colorful pumpkins are paper mache forms that I layer thin tissue paper over- I love layering the color and patterns over each other. I bought another stack of forms for this year, but didn't get to them- even a couple of skulls. I am sure I will get my hands dirty soon with them.

That's a small taste of what I put up. I also am a rabid I mean avid collector of Lemax Spookytown village houses, and put up a display every year. I've not gotten a good picture of the display yet this year- here's a so - so view:

2 comments:

  1. Followed a weaving link here - didn't see any weaving stuff - but love the dress form witches. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tru-
    I do weave, I just haven't blogged about anything other than older pieces. I hope to get something out soon. I plan on starting my new year (which I mark as Nov 1st) with weaving and carrying through winter, and I have a wall hanging I need to photo and describe that I did on a rigid heddle loom. Are you looking about anything particular involving weaving? I'd love to chat about it. Just out of curiosity, was it a search result link that brought you here, or something else? I'm pretty new to blog-land and so I wonder how you found me :)

    I'm glad you like the dress form witches- they were a lot of fun to do, and a great project to do with other creative friends- each one ends up with a bit of the creators personality in them.

    Enjoy the creative day- and happy weaving hunting!

    JB*-

    ReplyDelete